Friday, July 17, 2009

33



So.. finally hit 33 today. It's supposed to be a power number, and good things are supposed to be coming. Tapi kenapa la I feel so pessimistic.

Hate birthdays. Period. Almost every birthday I've had, has some bad memory attached to it. Not say there haven't been good ones, but my birthdays are usually the suckiest, no matter how family and friends try to cheer me up.

Maybe it's cause I feel I've outlived my supposed perpetual age. But some would just say I'm vain about getting older.

Tak kisah pon. As Aaliyah put it so beautifully to tune, age ain't nothing but a number. Still.. oh well.

I think the major problem for me is age becomes a measure of what I've succeeded in doing thus far. Kira penilaian diri lah. And the past year? Not very happy. Sorting things out, and getting back on my feet took up a lot of time. And recovery is still slow, though some signs of positivity.

Oh well.. I think I'll just sleep it off until my 34th is over.

At least finally I can say that my favourite song by my all time favourite band Smashing Pumpkins is now relevant to me, even though it has always reflected sentiments of my life.

Thanks to family and friends who wished me over instant message, SMS, Myspace and Facebook as well as in chat here and so on. You guys are the reason for me continuing this journey still with some spirit left in me.

Hard to be positive. I mean, Jesus died on the cross at the age of 33. What hope is there for me? (what the f*ck am I going on about). Oh well... here's to whatever's left of this horrible.. I mean beautiful day.

Smashing Pumpkins-Thirty Three


33 - Smashing Pumpkins
Speak to me in a language I can hear
Humour me before I have to go
Deep in thought I forgive everyone
As the cluttered streets greet me once again
I know I can't be late
Supper's waiting on the table
Tomorrow's just an excuse away
So I pull my collar up and face the cold
On my own
The earth laughs beneath my heavy feet
At the blasphemy in my old jangly walk
Steeple guide me to my heart and home
The sun is out and up and down again
I know I'll make it
Love can last forever
Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
And you
Can make it last
Forever you
You can make it last, forever you
Can make it last
And for a moment I lose myself
Wrapped up in the pleasures of the world
I've journeyed here and there and back again
But in the same old haunts I still find my friends
Mysteries not ready to reveal
Sympathies I'm ready to return
I'll make the effort, love can last forever
Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
Tomorrow's just an excuse
Tomorrow's just an excuse
And you can make it last, forever you
You can make it last
Forever you
Can make it last
Forever you

26 comments:

happy birthday KK!
doa yg baik2 utk anda... & terus menulis kay!

epi bday..rilek joe, age is just a number kan? janji jiwa sentiasa mudaaa gitu

Many happy returns of the day dude! Just enjoy the day how YOU want it, where YOU want it, who YOU want to spend it with!! Its YOUR day after all. Wish you a blessed life, panjang umo, murah rezeki and CEPAT DAPAT JODOH!! hehehe

hello joe.

keep on writing ok. happy birthday with lots of love from us -- your readers!

Happy Burfday Joe yg ke-63 ~...hoPe ko terus sukses lah yer dlm ape jua yg ko buat...

Happy Birthday Joe, May God Bless You (^_^)

thanks so much guys. terharu wish korang.

romi - matilah ko! huahauhauaha! nak present dari ko! huahuahaua

God Bless Joe!! Happy Birthday fren!! big hug! I love You ~~~ huaaaaa ... kahkahkah, matilah!

happy birthday thank you for the past vids that u did... u're such a nice person... may today and so on will be the most cherished day ever in your life...

wahhh happy birthday

semoga lebih cemerlang :D

Happy birthday to you!!!! hav a wonderful day...

Happy birthday to you!!!! hav a wonderful day...

Happy birthday to you!!!! hav a wonderful day...

joe, happy birthday to u *denise*

joe, happy birthday to u *denise*

joe, happy birthday to u *denise*

HAPPY BUFDAY EN JOE...... SELAMAT MENJALANI HARI TUE YEK ..... MUAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

HAPPY BESDAY JOE..SELAMAT HARI TUO..

GOD BLESS YOU :)

happy birthday joe! may God bless u

Hi Joe,

A blessed 33rd birthday to you. Remember, Jesus died when He was 33, but 3 days later, He rose from the dead and IS alive forevermore...cheer up, Joe...there is Hope!

Check out Kevin Skinner, the chicken catcher on youtube (America's Got Talent 09) and you will be humbled and thankful for all of God's blessings!!!

Take care !

happy birthdayy abg joe....
hopee success selaluu
teruskann updatee blogg k

Joe,

Happy 33 dear!

Datang Putrajaya holla me. aku blanje k!

Happy Birthday, Joe!

May the year bring more joy okay? there's always a silver lining.

:)

L

I hope I am not to let to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY Joe ... wish you with better health, wealth and happiness..

May God always bless u... Hepy birthday...