Monday, January 26, 2009

All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to, If You Seek Amy

Oh wow!!! Gong Xi Fa Cai and Kong Hee Fatt Choy or whatever you guys would wish it. It's the first day of the new year according to the Chinese calendar already.




And boy, kalau ikutkan astrological readings, it's not a good year for many. But screw that. Korang Google sendiri ke baca buku feng shui sendiri la kalao nak accurate readings on your sign. Aku akhir tahun Naga... bukan sebarangan naga... fire dragon agik tuh.

Oh by the way... you guys noticed the new logo for my blog? Saja nak tukar. Korang rasa ok tak banding the old one? I wanted something sleeker and less cluttered. Colour obviously because of the festive mood. Will go back to standard black pasni... saja ma nak merah merata. Ong katanya...

Anyway.. backtracking... this year, is supposedly an average year at best for me. Is that going to stop me? Uh uh... no way! The dragon will arise and whip that ox's rear end.

But have to say, things look a little bleak right now. Mana tak... hari pertama tahun baru da ada gerhana. Yeap folks there will be an eclipse today!

Can imagine the number of people going to blog about it, but do take the necessary precaution kalao feeling nak snappy pics or you might just go blind. This is the time when having a ND and CPL filter is good.

Anyway, the partial annular eclipse (the word anal keeps flashing through my mind for some reason) will happen between 4.30pm and 7pm in Malaysia.

This of course is not a good thing la kalao tuk mereka yang superstitious.After relying on Google, found out that during an eclipse, "the power of negative energy increases 1,000 times as compared to other times. When the environment becomes conducive for negative energy to amass, the chances of it affecting people increases.

Since ancient times, the sun has been viewed as an auspicious star and a life force. It is also known as the remover of all obstacles and the giver of health.

It rules the digestive system, heart and blood circulation and influences an individual’s strength, energy, self confidence, leadership and many other qualities.

The impact of the negative energies when the sun is obscured causes a lack of courage, fatigue and low self-esteem.

People are advised not to carry out activities as usual during the eclipse period as they may behave irrationally. Do not view the eclipse directly, and it is better not to travel during the period and stay indoors."

Amik ko.. makes it sound so... apocalyptic kan? Well not really... but it seems quite bad for us.

A warning of sorts in a report in The Star says pregnant women and senior citizens should be extra careful and should not consume food or drinks during the eclipse period. And newborns should not be exposed to the rays.

Everyday activities that should be avoided during the time of the eclipse are sleeping, conjugal relations, swimming, holding meetings and weddings and all religious or special events.

But I found this part most interesting...

"To ward off the negative rays of the sun, people can use kusha or dharba grass (holy grass used in Hindu rituals). To mitigate the ill effects of the eclipse, the grass should be used as a cushion or placed on the bed and pillow, used in food and beverages, put in vehicles and by the main doorway of the house. (Dharba’s scientific name is Desmostachya bipinnata; in Australia, its common name is halfa grass and in the US, it is known as big cordgrass or salt reed-grass).

After the eclipse, people should wash and clean their houses to remove all “harmful energies” that would have set in and offer prayers.

Although the Jan 26 lunar eclipse is only partial and not like the total eclipse that occurred on Aug 1 2008, people should be careful. The next total eclipse will take place on July 22 and will be visible in India, Nepal, China, Hawaii, and the Pacific Ocean.

This solar eclipse will be the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the 21st century and will last for up to 6 minutes and 39 seconds."

Erm... ok... so you don't really give a toss kan about all that. You just want to know how it's going to affect you... or more appropriately what it's going to be like later this evening. Here some projections I came across on the net.

CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW IT'S GOING TO LOOK AROUND THE WORLD

So to summarise it... remember the Heroes intro? Since the 'do is going to be only partial, it'll probably look like that. But doubt anyone's going to get powers of any sort.
Oh by the way... I know it's not very appropriate to tag this along for this entry seeing the mood of the new year and all... but can't get this tune out of my head.

It's Britney's new single, If You Seek Amy. Sounds pretty innocent kan the title? Say it fast, and see what it sounds like. Keep repeating it, and you'll get it eventually (kalao ko blur sampai kiamat tak dapat la)

Anyway, US skang kecoh bab lagu ni sebab they say it's not suitable for kids. Ok if you really are that blur - If You Seek Amy, said pretty quickly, sounds like F-U-C-K me. Heh...

The lyrics sound pretty innocent on its own but that one line je which makes up the title is pretty.. erm.. well depending on your tolerance level lah.

Here's the song. Play it and sing along and tell me this isn't infectious. Britney actually sounds more crap than ever, but this is a damn good dancefloor tune, no matter what. I'm addicted to it at the moment. Nuts...


And here are the lyrics. Enjoy the song. Aku dalam berapa jam nak hidang teh kat kedua orang tua aku (customary for us to do that) and then nak berkumpul ngan sedara mara kat rumah my eldest uncle. Nanti aku blog ek... me going to be one of the weirdos trying to shoot the eclipse.

IF YOU SEEK AMY
Britney Spears
Lalalalala
Oh baby baby
Have you seen Amy tonight?
Is she in the bathroom
Is she smokin' up outside
Oh

Oh baby baby
Does she take a piece of lime
For the drink that Imma buy her
Do you know just what she likes
Oh

Oh Oh
Tell me have you seen her
Because I'm so
Oh
I can't get her off of my brain

I just want to go to the party she gonna go
Can somebody take me home
Ha ha he ha ha ho

Love me hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy
Love me hate me
But can't you see what I see
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy

Lalalalalala

Amy told me that she's gonna meet me up
I don't know where or when and now they're closing up the club
Oh

I've seen her want to drive before she knows my face
But it's hard to see with all the people standing in the way
Oh

Oh oh
Tell me have you seen her
Because I'm so
Oh
I can't get her off of my brain

I just want to go to the party she's gonna go
Can somebody take me home
Ha ha he ha ha ho

Love me hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy
Love me hate me
But can't you see what I see
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy

Oh
So what you want about me
Oh
But can't you see what I see
Oh
So what you want about me

So tell me if you've seen her
Cause I've been waiting here forever
Oh baby baby
If You Seek Amy tonight
Oh
Oh baby baby
We'll do whatever you like
Oh baby baby baby
Oh baby baby baby

Lalalalalala
Lalalalalala

Love me hate me
So what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy
Love me hate me
But can't you seek what I see
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy
Love me hate me so what you want about me (yeah)
Love me hate me
But can't you see what I see
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy

Oh
So what you want about me
Oh
But can't you see what I see
Oh So what you want about me

All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy

4 comments:

wahh.. awal2 dah eclipse. hw r u Joe? anyway, hv a happy CNY k.. lame gile x denga citer ko..

QEN!!!!! rindu ko!!! ko masih tempat keja lama ke beb. calling2 la... hugs!

lagu favourite I!! Most of my friends tak paham pun lagu ni..haha.. mmg completely nonsense..but i LOOOOVEEEE it!!

nanti aku calling2 k? yup. still kat tempat lame. if u happen to be in astro, buzz me ok.. rindu giler nak cubet2 pipi ko.. hehe..