Monday, March 17, 2014

Sandai Kitetsu - precipitative protection

After waiting about two months, I finally got my Sandai Kitetsu in the mail. I swear Poslaju takes forever. Ok maybe I shouldn't be blaming Pos Malaysia's services alone - since my package did come all the way from China. Still.. of the many times I've bought stuff on eBay, usually it's Poslaju's fault. 

So anyways... what is a 'Sandai Kitetsu'. You have to be a One Piece fan to understand. It's the name of one of the katanas used by Roronoa Zoro.


So why am I buying a katana? This is special. It's not only a replica of the Sandai Kitetsu... it's also an umbrella!

Ok.. I'm sure you've seen those around. Back then I bought one for RM120 - nowadays you can get bad Made In China knock-offs for cheaper (with bad workmanship).

However this is the first time I know of in Malaysia someone has the umbrella version. Yeay me!

I thought workmanship was going to be so-so... but there is a solid feel to the build of the Sandai Kitetsu umbrella. It does feel expensive. Not bad since I spent about RM100 on it (the umbrella itself was USD$25).

And since I bought the Wado Ichimonji and Shuusi cosplay swords already minus the Sandai Kitetsu, this sort of completes my collection. Imagine cosplaying as Zoro, carrying all three swords - it stars raining - and voila! You whip out a katana that become an umbrella.


Looks awesome, doesn't it? Below are the three katanas that is used by Zoro in the manga/anime.



And this is the Sandai Kitetsu I bought. The only thing I dislike about it is that it's standard umbrella length - which is too short for a katana.


Still... who cares. I've graduated to uber fanaticism for buying this just because it's a One Piece merchandise.

0 comments: