Sunday, August 05, 2012

Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha

Yesterday went for the best buka puasa event so far, organized by BBUGMY - or the Blackberry Users Group of Malaysia.

It was a nicely executed event that really treated the kids from the orphanages as the VVIPs of the event, and personally I think that's missing from most events who use the less fortunate as a token to prove they're doing charity work.

Tapi yang pentingnya, yesterday I got a sneak peek of the Blackberry 10 coming up with the Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha (the engineering test set). Awesome!!!


The photo on top is the back view of the Alpha compared to my Blackberry Porsche P'9981. And below is a comparison with the iPhone.


It's not just the design that amazed me. Designs for touch screen phones are pretty generic, but the edge of the Alpha is that really is light, but packs a punch in performance. Because this was a developer's set, it's still not complete (just for developers to build apps with).

Still, I got to test the cameras, the multitasking feature... it's super fast with no lag.



Can't wait for it to come out... yes, I'm a Blackberry fan, and while I hate touchscreen phones, I definitely would get this.

Still have to wait ages though since the release apparently is early 2013. Still, having had a go at it, I'm super excited!

0 comments: